Friday, October 1, 2010

Oklahoma trip part 2

Ok so I recently wrote a blog about me going to Oklahoma. Well now I'm writing about what i did and what i saw in while i was there.

The first thing i did was check into a hotel on the Army Base at 1:30 a.m. Then the next day i went to see amanda's demonstration. The demonstration is where the Drill Sargent and some of the soldiers show the progress that they made in the last 9 weeks of training. they showed what they looked like when they first started and then what they looked like after the 9 weeks they were there. Then after the demonstration was over i got to hang with amanda. The first thing we did when we could hang with her was go to the PX. A PX is like a mini Walmart on the base, it's pretty cool. Then we went out to eat at Taco Bell. After Taco Bell we came back to the hotel so amanda could just relax for the day. We got to hang with her until 8:30 p.m. At 8:30 p.m. she had to go back to the barracks for the night.

The things i saw while I was there were really cool. I got to see / hold a .50 caliber rifle, that was really cool, but heavy at the same time. i got to see the barracks from the inside and out. The Army Base is practically the whole town of Fort Sill, theres Army people EVERYWHERE. I got to see a really really cool hotel (i wish i could live in it). I got to meet some of the Drill Sargents and some of the other soldiers. I also got to see how to keep cover while moving under fire. I got a dvd of what everyone went through (theres bad language in it though so i cant show it at school).

From, Jesse

P.S. Thanks for reading this blog

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jes! Sounds very cool! I'm definitely jealous! Ha, it is so great you had this opportunity and got to see your sister which i'm sure was very special as well. Anyways, great post :!D

    ReplyDelete
  2. good point.... visit my blog

    ReplyDelete